1. wash the apples
2. quarter them and cut out the cores & stems
3. put in pan with 1 ½ to 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, turn
down to "low" and cook 30 minutes. Spoon out the same amount of "juice"
and mash with potato masher.
4. Put some into a SALAD SPINNER which is sitting on a 907-gram butter
tub filled with water and sitting right-side-up, lid on, in a large
bowl. The water prevents it floating on the sauce.
5. open the spinner and remove the peel; put the peel into a bowl
6. do steps 4 & 5 with the rest of the cooked sauce.
7. put all the peel back into the spinner and salvage as much sauce as
8. All the sauce is now in a big bowl.
9. Add of sugar to taste
10. Add cinnamon to taste (NOT TOO MUCH)
11. Add lemon juice to taste, to prevent discoloration
12. Mix well and put into containers for freezing.