Click HERE to go back to the "PSP Index page"
Note the "Before" and "After" pictures. Yes, I know, I got carried away with "Picture Tubes" but hey, they are SO VERY addictive once you get the hang of them!
You might prefer not to go overboard (pun intended!) as I did and not put all the little 'extras' into the picture.
1. open the original picture in Paintshop.
2. determine what its dimensions are: (Image | Resize) and see them there
3. In my example, the picture was 1024 x 768 pixels.
4. File | New; and make a new image, same size, transparent, "raster" with 16 million colors (24-bit)
5. Take your "Selection tool" and move to the MIDDLE of the original picture, along the left edge; 1/2 of 768 = 384; note the number on the bottom of the screen to see when you are there, drag to the top-left corner of the original image so that "ants" are running all around the top half of that image.
NOTE: you do not have to use a straight line across the middle of the page.
6. Edit | Copy
7. "activate" the new, blank image and (Edit | Paste) and "Paste as a new selection" the half into that image. Drag it so that it is int he TOP of that image. Click to drop it there.
8. Selections | Select none; to remove the 'ants'
9. Image | Flip; to move it upside to the bottom of that new image.
10. Effects | Distortion effects | Ripple; to add some "waves." In "Center offset" I used 9 and 9 and in "Settings" I used 2 and 6, with "Repeat" for "Edge mode."
11. Adjust | Focus | Soft focus; and I used "Halo visibility" of 15 and set the others at zero.
12. Combine the 2 images: move the original pic so all of it shows onscreen; "Selections | Select none" to remove the ants.
13. Edit | Copy and then "activate" the original image, Edit | Paste and "Paste as a new image. Position it and drop it.
14. Selections | Select none
15. Using your Picture Tubes, add some items such as the duck or the aircraft.
Save your new image WITH A NEW NAME so you don't mess up your original.